• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

my birds (1 Viewer)

Abraxas

I want to show you >my< birds, I´ve painted. Most oft these birds had lived in our animal collecting point for wild birds, so I could watched them very good.
We get a lot of corvides every year, they find a lot of place in my drawings. This birds are very intelligent and I´m admiring them very much. Sometimes I make my studies at the zoo in Cologne or in the natural history Museum Koenig in Bonn.

I like to draw mostly with Polychromos Pencils on airbrush paper, also with Gouache and Acryl on canvas or special wooden panels. I often use airbrush for the backgrounds (or to paint on cars and motorbikes.)
All the years ago I´ve put some exhibitions, but ist is not easy in germany to show wildlife-art. The most of german gallerys don´t like realistic paintings with animals. The only chance is in Halberstadt in the Heineanum every 2nd year, there is an exhibition with a contest for all the bird-painters.
here are some of my paintings: "playing young crows in my old appletree" is painted with gouache on a wooden panel, 80 x 100cm large, the "fighting magpies" is painted on paper with acryllic colours an airbrush, 50 x 70 cm,
also the jacos.
all the other are painted with pencils an airbrush.
I hope, you´ll enjoy them.
regards
Angie

Attachments

• veilchenohrkolibri.kl.jpg
    veilchenohrkolibri.kl.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 69
  • rubinkehlchen.jpg
    rubinkehlchen.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 80
  • amethystohrkl.jpg
    amethystohrkl.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 70
Glad to see you posting Angie.

I think you may have mixed up the posts a little? Either that or you have the most amazingly colourful crows and magpies that I've ever seen! ;)

I'll look forward to seeing the corvids.

Mike

so, now the other paintigs.. get some problems with my computer....

it´s not easy (for me) to take photographs from the paintings, sorry for the bad quality
regards
Angie

Attachments

• kleinekrähen.jpg
    kleinekrähen.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 74
  • jacosganzklein.jpg
    jacosganzklein.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 65
  • kampfelstern ganz klein.jpg
    kampfelstern ganz klein.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 72
some other...painted with pencils. Moopie, the crow, lived some month with my family. He could come and go how he likes. He has made a lot of rag - so he tries to paint with my pencils ;)

Attachments

• moopieganzklein.jpg
    moopieganzklein.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 66
  • kittasganzklein.jpg
    kittasganzklein.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 64
Welcome to birdforum Angie! Very nice paintings done in a variety of styles, from very delicate to very bold. A pleasure to view them.

welcome to birdforum, there is some beautiful work here, I particularly like the playing crows, there should be more pictures of crows!

Love the character and personality of your pieces. I don't normally like crows (I feel they're overdone in art and a little too goth) but I love your crow with the pencils. The others are brilliant too.

you`re right, crows and ravens are very >in< as artworks. I think it´s because of the gothic subculture from the younger people; also a lot of people think, that ravens and crows are magical.
That´s all nonsense. The corvides are very agile and intelligent birds, so also parrots and birds of prey. The people see some human characters in the ravens and this will be very eerly or emotional.
I have to work with them every day and I believe they are only opportunists
like all other animals and humans...;) but when they are young they´re soooooo lovely o:)
Angie

Abraxas, I absolutely love your piece with the crow and pencils! It's executed wonderfully. I knew crows use certain tools to obtain food (such as sticking twigs in holes to retrieve grubs), but I never knew they used art supplies! Thanks so much for sharing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back