• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An Annotated Checklist of the Birds of Portugal (1 Viewer)

Gonçalo Elias

avesdeportugal.info
Portugal
Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that I have published a new book on the birds of Portugal: "Lista Anotada Das Aves De Portugal Continental"

This is a complete checklist of the birds of mainland Portugal, with notes on the status and abundance of each species (including non-native birds).

This edition is in Portuguese, but I am now working on the final revision of the English version, which should come out during the summer.

For more details about the book, please visit this page:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lista-Anota...qid=1371809329&sr=8-1&keywords=lista+portugal

Best regards,
Gonçalo

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that I have published a new book on the birds of Portugal: "Lista Anotada Das Aves De Portugal Continental"

This is a complete checklist of the birds of mainland Portugal, with notes on the status and abundance of each species (including non-native birds).

This edition is in Portuguese, but I am now working on the final revision of the English version, which should come out during the summer.

For more details about the book, please visit this page:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lista-Anota...qid=1371809329&sr=8-1&keywords=lista+portugal

Best regards,
Gonçalo

Good job Gonçalo!!!!!

Look forward to the English version, though I should make more effort with my Portugese!
Hard work doing any kind of publication so very well done indeed.

Hi all,

The revision of the English edition took me a bit longer than originally planned, but now it is nearly finished. I expect the book to be available in early November.

Hearty congrats Gonçalo.
Glad to see you're still mad about birds!

All the best, Mike the Bike.

Hey Mike, long time no see! You bet I am |8)|

I still recall that trip to International Tagus back in June 1990 which was just great for soaring birds!

Cheers,
Gonçalo

That was an awesome trip! Rosmaninhal! i think.. never forget that..
Still remember your bird quizzes on the buses.. you were better in Latin than i was..
God bless, see you again no doubt, Mike.

Last edited:
A new updated version of this checklist is now available.

This list is an update of the previous edition, which was published in 2013. The contents have been totally reviewed. Additionally, several species, which have been recorded for the first time during the last four years, have been added to the list. Several texts were also updated, in order to provide information about recent sightings. It comprises all relevant information up to December 2016.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1544628609/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1490884540&sr=8-4

Attachments

• BookCoverPreview 2017 cover.JPG
    BookCoverPreview 2017 cover.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 58
Very impressed that you are able to produce such regular new editions - well done.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I feel that a new edition of this checklist is badly needed, as there is a lot of new information to add.

Here is a summary of the most relevant changes in this new edition:
- 19 new species have been added (this figure might still change by the end of the year);
- all quantitative information on rarities has been updated;
- the IOC taxonomy was adopted (previous editions used AERC); this means changing the order of presentation and also accepting some splits.

Best regards,
Gonçalo

The annotated checklist has been updated with all records up to December 2021.

The new edition is already available on Amazon.

Attachments

• capa 2022 - 1 pag.jpg
    capa 2022 - 1 pag.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back