• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any Egypt birding tour group participants? (1 Viewer)

HoopoeGirl

Has anyone ever taken a reputable birding tour group trip in Egypt? I'm looking for any feedback, especially if you've ever gone on a trip with Rockjumper (South African) tour company. Their Egypt & Antiquities trip looks incredible, but I can't find any reviews from past participants. I'm looking for opinions on all aspects of the tour - length, guides, accommodations, dining and of course, the birds!

Hia, Haven't done a Birding tour of Egypt but last year me and the Missus did a Nile cruise. Only took the bins. as a "just in case" but what an astonishing week we had. I'm not that good but I had 91 species another couple who are more expert than I am had 128. These were seen either from the boat or around the ruins we visited as part of the cruise. It turned into one of the best hols we've had, the birding was incredible as well as the main aspect, the ruins. The food and accomodation on board was top class, I would recommend it to anyone as a novel "birding" holiday. Joe

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back