• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

autumn passage at kusadasi sw turkey. (1 Viewer)

does anybody know if there much of passage of levants or other raptor species
through th kusadasi area mid to late september,any info would be much appreciated.

Hi There I don't think much through Kusadai itself. The hills west and south of the city have a variety of raptors but I don't think this is a real fly way for raptors. I've seen a wide range of raptors from Kusadasi down to Altinkum but no real concentration. Probably the most around Bafu Golu but not big numbers like at Tarifa/Istanbu. If you track back my posts http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=18027 you'll find my birdwatching around Altinkum thread. It includes some sightings around Kusadasi (silver sands) and areas south of here.

Last edited:
thanks john i knew it would be a hit or miss as i had one single red footed last september
at konakli,mind you i made up for it with a shrike passage,3 citreons,the full set of yellow sub sp, collared and semi + other bitts and bobs,i will check out your blog.cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back