• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swarovski 10x50 comments (1 Viewer)

Nase

Hello, I am relatively new to the bird watching hobby and i want to buy 10x50. I found an very interesting post where someone claims that swarovski slc 10x50 was better than El 10x50: https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?270049-WTB-Swarovski-10x50-SLC-NEU
"The results, while viewed through the eyes of 8 different hunters, was unanimous. Every single person agreed the SLC 10x50 NEU was the best glass there. Believe it or not, the EL 10x50 were the first to be set aside. People agreed they were exceedingly bright, but felt the color hue was toned down and objects didn't stand out as much on the mountains to the east."
Seems that hunters prefer slc 10x50 or maybe the new slc 10x56.
Any comments on that how slc 10x50 is compared to el 10x50 will be very useful for me. Many thanks!

Is there someone who can comment if the color for SV 10x50 is toned down and this affects the details on long distances?

Is there someone who can comment if the color for SV 10x50 is toned down and this affects the details on long distances?
The SLC's may be tuned for hunting...I don't know.
I use the 10X50 SV (original) and never have any problem with details and/or color at very long distances, unless atmospherics are poor. However, "details" at long distance usually means the recognition of species' field marks, not minute feather details.

The only way to personally judge is side-by-side. If you're considering it for hunting I'd suggest those forums.

Don't believe the hype, the newer 10x50el's run circles around the slc's, clarity, colour, resolution, contrast, etc etc, in fact in every measurable way. Plus they look way more stylish, lol. enjoy your bins.
cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back