Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

CT Bird advice for a film

Old Friday 16th April 2010, 22:43   #1
rogmidd

CT Bird advice for a film

Hi all,
I'm doing sound post production for a low budget feature film set in Connecticut.
As i'm australian, i don't know the local wildlife so well, so i was wondering if someone could help me out with what birds one might hear at different times of the day in suburban CT.
The times i'm specifically after are (all winter):
Morning (ie. 7am-10am)
Afternoon/Evening (ie. 3pm-7pm)
Early Morning (ie. just before sunrise)

If there's nothing much around in winter, i can go for autumn as well.

Your help would be greatly help me put in the detail this film deserves.

Thanks!

Roger
Old Saturday 17th April 2010, 00:38   #2
etudiant
BF Supporter 2018

Hi,
Winter you should get Nuthatches and Chickadees, plus Downy Woodpeckers pretty much all day, ditto Blue Jays. These are all pretty vocal. They are all feeder birds, but in any case winter here is hard enough and the days short enough that the feeding is pretty much nonstop.Crows are around also, but pretty intermittently.
Do note there is a good website here: http://nycbirdreport.com/index.html that lists birds found around New York City by day of the year. It is a good proxy for Connecticut for this purpose.

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 17th April 2010, 01:19   #3
OpposableChums

Also, in addition to the great advice above, Cardinals, Canada Geese, White-throat Sparrows, and Juncos.

I'm a birder/filmmaker/CT resident myself, and very much appreciate your concern about ornithological accuracy.
Old Wednesday 21st April 2010, 17:24   #4
rogmidd

thanks all! your advice has been very helpful. i just want to make sure i get this right.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: