• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Algarve Warbler query (1 Viewer)

alanc

Just an earthbound misfit
England
Sorry about this but I have another Warbler query. This bird seen at Santa Barbara de Nexe in the Algarve. On a hillside with no lakes, ponds or rivers in the area. In an earlier post a light Melodius Warbler provoked some debate, is this a regular MW? It was feeding in low scrub and garden plants but was very active - I could only get this single poor quality shot. The upper body appeared mostly brownish, the mottled tail in the picture resulting from shadows.
Thanks in anticipation.
alan

Attachments

• DSC_0007-001.JPG
    DSC_0007-001.JPG
    890.3 KB · Views: 104
Hi Marc,

First time I see you posting so... warm welcome to Birdforum!

You might be right... I mess a lot with warbler photos, I keep on trying for training...

Cheers

My first thought was Reed Warbler but as i mentioned in the OP, there was no water or reeds anywhere close to the location which was quite high up on a hillside. I realised this doesn't mean RW is impossible but doesn't it make it less likely?
alan

Last edited:
At second look (and clicking on the thumbnail), I agree on Reed Warbler. At this time during migration, you can see them anywhere, habitat is important in breeding season, not now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back