• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Rhodes (1 Viewer)

david kelly

Drive-by Birder
Scotland
I have just booked a holiday in Rhodes (Pefkos) from 7-14 May 2008. It's my third trip to Greece (Crete & Corfu previously). Any information would be most welcome.

What wildlife other than birds could I see?

How easy is it to get around without a car?

Is there any good habitat within easy reach of Pefkos?

Are there any recommended books?

Cheers

David

Dear David,

I'm working on a "where to watch bird at Rhodos (Greece)". If you've some patience: within ca. 2 - 3 weeks I'll finish the first draft. In return for a strong promise to deliver me a report from your trip, I could send you this draft.

Jos Rutten
Belgium

Hi Wolfbirder
I received a draft of Jos's 'where to watch birds in Rhodes' which I will e-mail to you if you PM me with a contact. I sent Jos my trip report from last year(2008), and have not heard from him which was unusual. Does anyone have any info on him.
JOHND

Rfi Rhodes

Hi Wolfbirder
I have attached,the draft Jos sent me for Rhodes
JOHND

Attachments

• rhodossitesdescriptionversie1ter.doc
    262 KB · Views: 2,829
Hello John,

Thanks for that, I downloaded the guide but there were no pictures or maps except for a bar chart at the beginning. Should there be some maps, etc or is this as it is?

Cheers,
Andrew.

Hi there I read you are doing a report on Birding in Rhodes. I am heading there on Wedensday. Never been before and I am going to IXIA. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cant spend week with wife on beach.

Hi there I read you are doing a report on Birding in Rhodes. I am heading there on Wedensday. Never been before and I am going to IXIA. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cant spend week with wife on beach.

Hi Tupelo

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=114183&highlight=Rhodes

I have also just returned from Pefkos but birds were few and far between. Lots of Alpie Swifts and Pallid Swifts around the resort. Did see Cory's (Scopol's) Shearwater while on the boat to Symi.

Cheers

David

Doesnt sound very promising in Rhodes then. I was hoping for a bit of quiet birding maybe I will take ferry to Turkey. Have you been and was there nothing of interest at all. No warblers or buntings or shrikes.

I have just returned from a mixed week. Seems Rhodes is really only good in Spring or in autumn, during migration times. Do email Jos Rutten to see if he will forward you his detailed report.

I have just posted a full detailed report under "vacational trip reports" section if anyone is interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back