• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'killer snakes' in London (1 Viewer)

It's the silly season Steve - there's not a lot of proper news just now LOL.

At least, not the sort of news that the Mirror wants to write about!

Christ, that's an awfully poor story. The snakes have been around for years and are rarely seen. I wonder what the source of this nonsense is.

Made The Times as well today. Apparently, there's another colony of them in Colwyn Bay .......... better boycott these areas just in case!!

Shane

Made The Times as well today. Apparently, there's another colony of them in Colwyn Bay .......... better boycott these areas just in case!!

Shane

The Colwyn Bay animals have been around for decades and, surprise, surprise, there are still children surviving in the town. Perhaps they are worried the Regents Park ones 'll join up with the 'killer foxes' and start laying waste to North London. :eek!:

I wonder if the story has surfaced because both colonies are mentioned in the new book by Kerridge which has been quite widely reviewed in the papers.....

"Mum-of-three Sylvia Taylor, 33, was quoted by the Daily Star as saying..."

Since when has the Daily Star become a credible source???

I wonder what this journalist would do with a true story that snakes in Cairns often eat family pets (in the case of pythons) or kill them with poison (in the case of Taipans, Red-bellied Blacks, Eastern Browns, Small-eyed Snakes etc etc) let alone the number of cases of people bitten by snakes that we deal with at the hospital each year. Poop his pants probably.

Pathetic article.:-O

weather looks spot on at present, so i'll give it a whirl before work tomorrow. will report back. if i dip, it will be because i dropped my daughter at nursery rather than following James's recommendation!

This is hilarious...

I live in a country with an invasive Burmese and African Rock Python problem in one of it's states. Call me back when your Aesculapian snakes start bringing down animals with the size and temperment of gators...

This is hilarious...

I live in a country with an invasive Burmese and African Rock Python problem in one of it's states. Call me back when your Aesculapian snakes start bringing down animals with the size and temperment of gators...

Quite. Our press is an embarrassment.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back