• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tendaba Camp (1 Viewer)

scodger

Hi

Im going back to the Gambia in November 2018 to do the upriver tour, I hear Tendaba Camp is a bit scruffy and also that they are building a nightclub right in front of the view. Just wondering if anyone has been very recently and what the situation is, and is there anywhere else locally, reviews on TripAdvisor are if anything indifferent.

Thanks

Hi

Im going back to the Gambia in November 2018 to do the upriver tour, I hear Tendaba Camp is a bit scruffy and also that they are building a nightclub right in front of the view. Just wondering if anyone has been very recently and what the situation is, and is there anywhere else locally, reviews on TripAdvisor are if anything indifferent.

Thanks
I was there in December. It depends on your expectations, for me and for the price it serves its purpose. Yes you have to wait until the evening for the water to be warm enough for a shower but it is a place just to rest your head. The food was really nice and the Julbrew is cheaper than on the coast!
If you need a guide I can recommend a guy called Lamin Darboe, all these guys seem to have great eyesight but he goes the extra mile and is genuinely excited when he shows you a new bird. He has a website so if you put his name and bird guide in the box it should find him.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back