• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Around Amsterdam (1 Viewer)

Gzoladz74

Hello

I am going to Amsterdam at the end of the month. I will not have much time for birding bit do expect to sneak a few hourse here and there. I know the city pretty well as I lived there for +2 years long time ago.

I have a few target species that hopefully are not to difficult to get: Nuthatch, Green Woodpecker and little Owl. We will certainly visit Vondelpark, Oosterpark, Amsterdamse Bos and maybe Westerpark. Although I may add another location if worthy and easy to do.

I appreciate any tips you can provide to get these species.

Excellent 2 days in Amsterdam, not strictly birdwatching but got Tawny Owl, Goshawk, GS and Green Woodpecker and Nuthatch among many others.
Great infrastructure and great online info.

Hi
I'd appreciate some advice too about places to visit in Amsterdam for a quick look. I don't know the city but saw a few ideas online including Diemerpark. Any recommendations gratefully received
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back