• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 10D. Buy or no buy? (1 Viewer)

robbob

Greetings: I am offered a Canon 10D in mint condition for £200. Comments invited regarding the wisdom of this purchase. The vendor is known to me and the pedigree of the camera is known.
May I say that the website, forum, and quality of information and exchange is superb.

Regards

Robbob based Lancashire UK.

Hi Rob and welcome to Birdforum from the staff and moderators.
You are best putting your question up in the photography forum sub forum 'canon' However, in my view, whether or not the camera is a good buy depends on your needs and the amount of activations the camera has had. The 10D was certainly a good camera for the day and I have seen breathtakingly wonderful shots with it. It is sharp if slightly noisey from an image quality point of view. You may get more value and better pictures from a more upto-date secondhand model. The choice is of course yours and good luck with your decision.

Hi Rob and welcome to Birdforum from the staff and moderators.
You are best putting your question up in the photography forum sub forum 'canon' However, in my view, whether or not the camera is a good buy depends on your needs and the amount of activations the camera has had. The 10D was certainly a good camera for the day and I have seen breathtakingly wonderful shots with it. It is sharp if slightly noisey from an image quality point of view. You may get more value and better pictures from a more upto-date secondhand model. The choice is of course yours and good luck with your decision.

Hallo again. Thanks for your response about the 10D. My remark about 'neighbours' was a jocular response prompted because we are about 30miles apart rather than some respondants who are situated well away from the UK. I have arranged to borrow the camera and will communicate again. I reside in Longridge near Preston.
Regards from Robbob

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back