• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (10 Viewers)

Thankyou all.
not been in the mood lately, starting this kingy pic. at last though.

Attachments

• L1150821.jpg
    L1150821.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 61
  • L1150805.jpg
    L1150805.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 69
  • L1150831.jpg
    L1150831.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
coming along very nicely indeed, I spent ages waiting by an overflow pipe the other day, all I could think about was the sketch of this one. Hope the mood to paint comes back, but I know sometimes it's the last thing we want to do - I haven't painted for a good few days, Purple sandpipers knackered me!

lol, at the moment it reminds me of 'a glass and a half' dairy milk - I'm sure that will change - gonna be a stunner this one!

Wonderful again Arthur, it's good to see you've got your mojo back! There's massive potential for your black and white work here too.

Mike

Thanks Mike & Nick.

Sketching some Fan Tails , till I realised this little fellow was watching in the garden.

Attachments

• L1150923.jpg
    L1150923.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 78
  • L1150929.jpg
    L1150929.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 71
These stoat drawings are fabulous Arthur - the face-on pose is terrific.
It always surprises me just how much colour you manage to get into your paintings, when you start with such a densely detailed ink underdrawing. This latest kingfisher piece demostrates this perfectly; the original drawing is perfect as it is, but there would seem to be too much detail for colour to work over the top, but no - there it is in technicolour splendour. Amazing!
Have you ever considered trying scratchboard?

Thanks Tim.
When I am going to use a colour wash on the pen and ink drawings I have to leave some detail and shading out as the brush will fill these tones in. I havent done scratchboard since I was at school and thats a long long time ago.

these are great little characters, fantails are cooing at me from the page and the stoat is exactly as I see them (the rare occasions I do), you've caught it spot on, when I try and draw them they look like dogs that have been born through the wrong exit.

Terrific work Arthur. I love the pose of the last fantail with its head tucked so far down on its chest it looks like it's been whacked with something heavy! The stoats are brilliant, I never seem to see one long enough to even get a pencil out.

Mike

I Thought you'd gone AWOL Arthur! Forgot you start a new thread annually.

Congrats on the new grand daughter, hope she's doing fine.

Love the Kingfisher and the latest set of sketches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back