• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

African Swallow-tailed Kite or Black-shouldered Kite? (1 Viewer)

golbargesepid

Hi every body.
Here is a picture of a kite (seen in Samburu National reserve, Kenya) with deeply forked tail, but with blackish primaries, instead of black carpal joints.

Is it a Black Shouldered Kite or an African Swallow-tailed Kite?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 233
Either I was drunk (though I didn't drink recently) or the photo is not the same (a joke here?) but when I saw it it was a very typical BSK, while here is a Chanting Goshawk indeed. Whatever...

Either I was drunk (though I didn't drink recently) or the photo is not the same (a joke here?) but when I saw it it was a very typical BSK, while here is a Chanting Goshawk indeed. Whatever...

The heat is getting to you Valéry. You need to get back to cold, wet and miserable Belgium.. or maybe not;)

I expect Valéry has been downing a few Trappist beers to celebrate the fact that his country has a government. It doesn't happen that often these days.

Or maybe he has been despairing at the fact that this government has been labelled a 'Kamikaze coalition'.

today, 181 species in Queen Elizabeth NP and Lake Mburo NP... and a couple of beer. All is ok thanks...

B :)

Here a friendly Red-collared Widowbird to apologies...

Attachments

• Euplectes_ardens_ug1.jpg
    Euplectes_ardens_ug1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 90
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back