• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good Spot at Cramond Harbour (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
On Friday I decided to go birdwatching down at Cramond harbour and normally as I go down I look at the birds infront of me but you normally don't need your bins for that. This time I thaught I'd go to a new spot and left the familes and children feed the Black Headed Gulls I walked over to the pathway heading out to Cramond Island. Making sure the tide was out which it was I walked halfway and saw lots of Waders mainly Redshanks & Oystercatchers. I have been down that way before and seen alot more but wern't many out but it's a good spot to go birdwatching. Next time you're there go and see what you think.

On Friday I decided to go birdwatching down at Cramond harbour and normally as I go down I look at the birds infront of me but you normally don't need your bins for that. This time I thaught I'd go to a new spot and left the familes and children feed the Black Headed Gulls I walked over to the pathway heading out to Cramond Island. Making sure the tide was out which it was I walked halfway and saw lots of Waders mainly Redshanks & Oystercatchers. I have been down that way before and seen alot more but wern't many out but it's a good spot to go birdwatching. Next time you're there go and see what you think.

Have you ever been for a wander down the river almond too? A lovely walk especially once you get over the other side of Queensferry road and as I'm sure you know plenty of birds around the mouth. Chance of a kingfisher once you get towards Cammo, and further along out of the city otters reside, though I've never seen one...

Yeah i have it's a good walk I used to feed the horses and play on the swings in the park as a kid. I go to Cammo Estate alot it's my local patch. If you ever see a person with bins that would be me. There's ususally a good path to escape from dog walkers and other people.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back