• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Absolutely the final birds from Mexico, Yucatan Jan 2018 (1 Viewer)

Aliks

Opus Editor
Finally, I turned up 3 last birds I couldn't identify.
They are all from Hormiguero, just south of Xpujil - Luis Zurita of Calakmul Adventures guided us along the narrow road to the village, and on to the ruins.

Bird 1 - no clue
Bird 2 - Is this just a tropical mockingbird?
Bird 3 - is this a common yellowthroat?

Attachments

• IMG_1953_v1.jpg
    IMG_1953_v1.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1927_v1.jpg
    IMG_1927_v1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1833_v1.jpg
    IMG_1833_v1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi, no need to apologize; I think we all enjoy the challenge!
I'm thinking 1 is White-collared (Morelet's) Seedeater and 2 might be White-throated Thrush. As for no.3: to me the bill looks too big for a warbler - I'm thinking vireo on this one. Did you happen to see two wing bars? I think it might be Mangrove Vireo (not only found in mangroves!)

1. Probably White-collared (or Morrelet's) Seedeater. Bird is obscure but wing pattern looks okay, although spiky tail feathers look more like a Bobolink.
2. Clay-colored Thrush
3. I think that there is a broad yellow fore-supercilium under that shadow, so it could be Yellow as Neils suggested or possibly Golden-browed Warbler, although Eildert's suggestion of Mangrove Vireo would certainly fit the yellow loral pattern.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back