• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hmmm What do i get next? (1 Viewer)

Chilt

So my setup is the Canon 7D1 + Sigma 150-600C.
Canon 550D
Ive got a Velbon Sherpa 200R Tripod with orignial head.
Lowepro AW400 mk2.
Canon 50mm 1.8 STM
Good Wellies
Good Walking Boots
Nikon 8-42 Binoculars

So my birthday is coming up and i limit my photography gear to christmas and birthdays.. SO! Heres maybe what im thinking? If people could rank the items on which will be more useful to me than others for bird/wildlife photography :)

Gimbal Style Tripod head
Canon 10-18mm
Peak Design camera flip (So i can have my 550D on my shoulder strap)
Topaz Denoise Software
Better mouse for editing..

The list feels endless of what i need but cant get everything! :( haha.

If theres anything else anyone can suggest please feel free to let me know.

Kind Regards
Chilt

My $0.02 would be to give yourself a holiday.
Take the day off, perhaps consider how you can best use the stuff you have.
Ideally, first hug the kids and kiss the better half. It will put you into a better frame of mind.

If none of that applies, go on a trip instead. The images and memories will be much more durable than any gear.

You might wish to try and identify what's holding you back with your photography and stopping you getting the images you are seeking. Usually getting another bit of kit isn't the answer. However by doing this you may be able to pinpoint what you need.

Alternatively how about a tuition day either 1:1 or in a small group ?

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

I want stuff that I know I’m going to end up wanting later on down the line, something for landscapes, editing software, better tripod head to enhance stability in taking photos.. stuff like that, I don’t see my photos as bad.. but if I’m limiting my photography gear for Christmas and birthdays I need to get some stuff that I know I’ll end up needing

If you want to do more landscape stuff a wide angle lens is great and worth getting, I have the Sigma 10-22mm lens and its a great little lens and I would be with out it.
For general purpose but great for portraits how about a 24-70 f2.8 lens or even a 70-200 f4 is good f2.8 even better does not to be Canon Sigma/Tamron do decent versions.
Would not bother with a gimbal unless you are about to really treat yourself and get some really big white glass (500/600mm)
These though are just my thoughts.
Tim.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back