• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip to Durham North Carolina (1 Viewer)

DavidP

United States
I'll be spending a few days in North Carolina based in Durham at Duke university for a few days soon. Should be able to get a couple of days off at the weekend to take a trip somewhere from there as well.
Anybody have any suggestions for areas close to or in Durham and also possible 2 day trips from Durham. Is Cape hatteras impractical from there for a 2 day trip.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
David

Hi David, Just joined the forum.......I am about 30 minutes from Durham..Did you make the trip to Cape Hattereas....If so, where could I find pictures???

Try anything you can to see a Duke "Home" basketball game. You don't even have to like sports. The birds aren't going anywhere.

Try anything you can to see a Duke "Home" basketball game. You don't even have to like sports. The birds aren't going anywhere.

Oh you Dukies...Carolina's better. Go Heels!

Hatteras is a good 4 hour drive from Durham, though you could make it to Nags Head in 3 hours now that it's 4-lane most of the way. The Outer Banks are well worth a visit nearly any time of the year if you have the time.

I appear to be at least a year too late, but I live in the area and while Eno River is pretty good there are better places. PM me and I'd be happy to give directions or even come with. The offer stands for any visitors to the area.

Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back