• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Howdy for so. Colorado (1 Viewer)

oldsquaw

Old Tooter
I'm Oldsquaw- an old birder form Pueblo, Colorado. Been birding since 1965. Photographing birds since 1973. Gaye invited me to join the group and have been to busy to get active but will be soon.. Van Truan

hey old squaw!

Good to see someone from CO...The best state i've ever been to! (out of four) I spent 4 weeks in Westminster and that was my best vacation ever. Especially the Rockies and the beautiful nature around it. Now, after two and a half year, i still have plans to go back...

Hope to find some good sightings here, eventhough my cousin there tells me great things too :)
My main goal then was to see a bald eagle in which i failed. After that my cousin kept going with sending me sightings...that is like so annoying!

Have a good time here!

Van it is excellent to see you here now.. I am so anxious for you to put some of your digiscoped shots in the gallery. You know I told you about Andy Bright right?
Wait a minute you won a photo contest didn't you? I know I know you are most likely being humble but again congratulations.
Now show us your birds Van!!!

Van: Welcome to our little community. I live in Texas, you know, the place whose inhabitants invade your state summer and winter? I had quite an adventure myself in southern Colorado last July. I was at the Comanche Nat'l Grassland, and got caught in a flash flood in Carrizo Canyon. Not a good situation. I made a break for the highway, a mere 25 miles away, and the gravel road was washed out five times. I barely made it out in my Jeep.

It was quite an adventure. I had been camping and had to stuff my tent, which contained my sleeping bag and pad, into the back of the Jeep in a torrential downpour, then brave the onslaught all the way back to the highway. I collapsed in hotel in Springfield that night when all was said and done. I had run into a county sheriff's officer that evening, before this happened, and asked him about the weather. "It'll be fine," he said non-portentously.

Live and learn, I guess. Welcome to Bird Forum

Steve Gross
Houston, TX

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back