• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What are the very BEST Binos in this Galaxy (1 Viewer)

Whatevah bin currently in me hands is the best; hands down.

"Steiner is considered as an Alpha Brand with their rifle scopes (no Joke)"

Any scope that isn't first focal plane/side focus is trash.

There's NO Best Binocular in this world, this Planet or even Galaxy .....
Sadly, you are very much mistaken! :brains:

It is widely accepted (and now undisputed, well at least after the great InterGalactic flame wars of 2345;)) that the best binoculars in the Galaxy are the ZORK Thagmeister eV8888 Eyeballizers !!! :king:

Fortuitously these are not only the best, but also the luckiest due to their 8.88x Area 51 magnification factor which is highly sought after by Chinese space travellers. o:D

Thanks to their Alienware Adaptive Technology and special Anti-Troll coatings they are also able to instantaneously morph to a superior specification and performance in response to any criticism or claims by alternate model fan boi's ....... :cat:

Let's have no further extraneous and redundant conversation on the matter!! :smoke:

Chosun :gh:

It is widely accepted (and now undisputed, well at least after the great InterGalactic flame wars of 2345;)) that the best binoculars in the Galaxy are the ZORK Thagmeister eV8888 Eyeballizers !!! :king:

Fortuitously these are not only the best, but also the luckiest due to their 8.88x Area 51 magnification factor which is highly sought after by Chinese space travellers. o:D

Thanks to their Alienware Adaptive Technology and special Anti-Troll coatings they are also able to instantaneously morph to a superior specification and performance in response to any criticism or claims by alternate model fan boi's ....... :cat:

Let's have no further extraneous and redundant conversation on the matter!! :smoke:

:-O! Nice one Chosun.

I remember some years back reading reviews of Zeiss FL , as I was interested in possibly buying the 8x32 FL. The FL is considered an all time great and a venerated classic now. I read lots of very positive online reviews, allbinos type pro reviews etc.

Then I looked at old user reviews on birdforum and I saw complaints of terrible astigmatism, bendy lines on the periphery. I looked through the 8x32 outside of the nature store a few years ago. If those bendy lines were present I didn't see them when looking for birds in the trees.

Very telling remarks - but I'm not quite sure whether you meant to say Birdforum readers are possessed of powers of observation exceeding those of the average reviewer, including "pro" reviewers, or whether they are just seeing things! ;)

If Schmidt & Bender made binoculers I'd be very surprised if they didn't knock the current top three Alphas into 2nd, 3rd and 4th place and claim the crown.

They certainly have demonstrable expertise in manufacturing rugged and reliable moving parts in their superb optics so feel sure the focusing wheel issues we continue to see in top brands would be a challenge they're more than capable of overcoming.

LGM

What my Schmidt & Bender 15-60x60 scope is notable for is internal fungus.

One day I'll try to clean it.

The objective seems to have a rather curved surface.

At least it cost little.

P.S.
Just spent half an hour cleaning the Schmidt & Bender and the fungus has gone. The fungus did not etch the inner surface of the objective.
The isopropyl alcohol fumes are a bit strong. I should have opened the window.
Cleaned the outer optical surfaces with Baader optical wonder fluid.

Need to clean up the rubber armour edges a bit still.

The shop did not know what the scope was so charged very little as an unknown item.

P.P.S.
As the tubes are collapsed the air seems to escape from the tripod holes with a hissing sound. 1/4 inch and 3/8inch.
Don't know what happens if the scope is attached to a tripod when closing the tubes.

Last edited:
Very telling remarks - but I'm not quite sure whether you meant to say Birdforum readers are possessed of powers of observation exceeding those of the average reviewer, including "pro" reviewers, or whether they are just seeing things! ;)

I think it's a good mix of both scenarios here in the bino forum :-O

I like reading the reviews here, but I take them all with a grain of salt and make up my own mind.
If I read this forum as gospel I wouldn't have a 7x or even an Ultravid. They're just "so yesterday" ;)

:t::-O

Hey, I think those posts are great! As long as adults see things they can't possibly see, are willing to spend time performing meaningless tests, or refuse to understand that a field of 1,000 brands and models come from only a hand full of factories, my book will continue to rack up sales. :cat:

Bill

Hey, I think those posts are great! As long as adults see things they can't possibly see, are willing to spend time performing meaningless tests, or refuse to understand that a field of 1,000 brands and models come from only a hand full of factories, my book will continue to rack up sales. :cat:

Bill

I'll probably buy the "Cook Book" eventually. I hope I understand most of it :-C

Looks like you have one stellar review so far on Amazon by a BF member :t:

I'll probably buy the "Cook Book" eventually. I hope I understand most of it :-C

Looks like you have one stellar review so far on Amazon by a BF member :t:

You will definitely understand it. It was written for the non-opto-geek. I had better check out that review when I get a moment.

Bill

You will definitely understand it. It was written for the non-opto-geek. I had better check out that review when I get a moment.

Bill

Ok thanks, I just ordered it. I used the "look inside" feature on Amazon and I like what I see in the contents table. :t:

Ok thanks, I just ordered it. I used the "look inside" feature on Amazon and I like what I see in the contents table. :t:

I just used that feature, too. Pretty cool. I just wish they would place the book in other categories, including some Amazon doesn’t have.

Bill

In this galaxy it has not yet been decided and is being hashed out right here on BirdForum. In all other galaxies it is Leica!

Hope this helps....

CG

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back