• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Stacking' Coolpix Teleconverters - imagination? (1 Viewer)

RoyS

I have a clear recollection that I saw a post earlier this year that described how to connect both the x3 and x2 Nikon TCs in line to a 4450 to give a maximum x24 magnification. I have searched the site but cannot find the post.

Now that I have seen the design of these TCs, I don't understand how this would be possible.

So, can anyone point me to the original post or tell me how to do it, or was the whole thing a figment of my imagination?

Thanks - Roy

Yes, it's going to be a problem stacking converters that have a 28mm thread size as the Nikon tc's have large objectives sizes. I heard of people stacking some of the old Olympus teleconverters via superglue and suchlike, but they had big fittings anyway (52mm?).

I suppose it's not inconceivable that you could stack a teleconverter on to a EagleEye 5x.
cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back