Just so folk know, the water levels at Cresswell are currently at a level that suggest channel clearance programmed for this week or next may not be required immediately. NWT still has the option, if required, which can be exercised (although the terms of the current arrangement are a bit vague as it states autumn passage - I think that makes it flexible!). As a high tide is due it is seems sensible to wait otherwise the sand will be shifted back into the void.
The Trust are asking Natural England to consider additional works on the channel, above the current allowance and have approached local contractors for prices. Until NE respond, it remains limited.
Thanks for the update. My limited knowledge of tides does suggest that the next few days are relatively high so if the weather throws something nasty at us, it makes sense to clear the channel after that if needs be. It was still a little high at the weekend but had a few waders on various parts.
East Chevington North Pool looked very good at the weekend so I hope that continues and isn't affected too much by different weather. there were so many birds there on Sunday. Just like old times.