• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bean bag for fz's? (1 Viewer)

What are you resting bean bag on?, that will dictate size I would think.

Wife made mine to fit on drivers door, with window open, bag is placed above arm rest when shooting pics of wildlife using a Nikon 4500 camera, nice solid base allows steady support while allowing use of flexible LCD screen.

I use an Eagle Eye 5 x Mini-Tele, very little weight, can elevate Eagle Eye easily allowing quick focus on target bird/animal. We used an old pair of jeans for durable cloth, rice as filler, works great.

Hope this helps.

screech

I was thinking about doing a bean bag for my fz28. Anyone here has a recommendation of shape, size?

Check this out!

http://naturephotography.fredhurteau.com/bbagballhead.htm

Works like a charm. May take a minute to figure out the instructions (kind of an origami setup) but it is actually pretty straight forward an easy to rig one up.
Just make sure the printed pattern has the correct dimensions.
I used sunflower seeds to fill mine. A bit better weight to volume ratio compared to beans or rice. Some plastic granulate would be even better, but unable to find some locally.

Ulli

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back