• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bullfinch (1 Viewer)

Spotter

Was out spotting on site and saw the usual suspects; blue tit, crow, LT Tit, Magpie. However saw my first ever male Bullfinch, flew around and landed in bushes about 2 metres in front of me, sat there for around 10 mins then flew off. Stunning bird with amazing colours particularly the reddish pink chest.:t:

However saw my first ever male Bullfinch, flew around and landed in bushes about 2 metres in front of me, sat there for around 10 mins then flew off. Stunning bird with amazing colours particularly the reddish pink chest.:t:

Good for you Spotter, :t:
Pleased for you.

Thanks for your comments. As a newbie it is really exiting to view these birds in their habitat and see how they intermingle with others. I have now seriously got the bug and take my binos everywhere I go.

nice one!! I saw my first one this december. It was a cold , frosty morning and I was out walking. it was the most beautiful sight... watching a male bullfinch rise from the tangle of brambles and rosehips- all twinkling with frost and snow.

Was out spotting on site and saw the usual suspects; blue tit, crow, LT Tit, Magpie. However saw my first ever male Bullfinch, flew around and landed in bushes about 2 metres in front of me, sat there for around 10 mins then flew off. Stunning bird with amazing colours particularly the reddish pink chest.:t:

one of my favourites. i saw flocks last winter of around 30 but have since dispersed. bullfinches are rare these days so flocks of 30 is a good number.

Have been back to site location twice now but no sign of the Bullfinch. also I thought spotting one was good but 30 wow

I had male Bullfinch twice in 20yrs in my garden and only for a few seconds. But since the snow and ice at Christmas I've had a pair of Bullfinches come to feed every day, beautiful birds. They always fly off to the Hawthorn which is covered in ivy, hope they build a nest there.

Nice one Spotter - they're gorgeous birds and always lovely to find them. You were lucky to get such a close and extended view! I've seen them quite a few times but never as well as that.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back