• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Windows 8.1 -Help please!!!! (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
i have had to move across to Win 8 from XP due to the security problems ect in April.Please can anyone advise re the photo gallery.I make folders within sub folders,with XP one could put the photos straight from the card reader into one named folder etc,then ad and move around,one was always given the option of being able to use any folder one had made.with Win 8 one selcts all etc,etc,clicks the move/copy icon ,then you go to the picture gallery/library,but no other options 3 times I have copied the same images onto the same screen,cannot find any way ,aprtfro taking the sub folder out from the folder,bring it on to main screen,then doing a drag across of each individual image,not very prcatical for 500 rugby shots each weekend!!!,please can anyone advise.I do prefer to open and sort in the picture library before editing them in Elements,thankyou
Christine.

I can't say I have noticed any different behaviour in Windows 8 file management, I usually just drag and drop. Does that work?

Mono, drag and drop is okay,but it was so much quicker in XP one was given a choice of folder,and could move a whole batch at one go,Win 8 is a nightmare.I have ended up deleting stuff,re copying several times,there is no prompt button just so one can double check before one deletes,and no "undo" button so that one can rectify an action if one has made a mistake.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back