• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Ladybird thread (1 Viewer)

Id help please

Found this one on a chalk downland site. Seemed quite a bit smaller than the normal 7-spots.

Attachments

• Ladybird-sp-170411-1.gif
    Ladybird-sp-170411-1.gif
    87.5 KB · Views: 105
I found these at the weekend, Over 20 Kidney spots

Mark

Attachments

• lady1.jpg
    lady1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 109
  • lady3.jpg
    lady3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 104
Hi everybody,

I know (almost) nothing about ladybirds, but here are two pics taken on May 17th in Bucharest. Please help me to ID them.

P.S. The yellow one is a about half size of a seven-spot ladybird; the large red one is somehow larger than a seven-spot ladybird.

Attachments

• P5176557m.jpg
    P5176557m.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 82
  • P5176586m.jpg
    P5176586m.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 108
Estonian ladybird

I was in Estonia last week, this was the only ladybird I found and I can't place it - any thoughts?

Attachments

• Ladybird.JPG
    Ladybird.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 93
Garden ladybird.

Hi all
Any ladybird experts can tell me what the id of this ladybird is, i thought it may be a scarce 7 spot ladybird but that has been ruled out, i an now thinking of an adonis ladybird. Length 5mm.

Colin.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 94
Hi all
Any ladybird experts can tell me what the id of this ladybird is, i thought it may be a scarce 7 spot ladybird but that has been ruled out, i an now thinking of an adonis ladybird. Length 5mm.

Colin.

Yes, Adonis Ladybird, often on disturbed ground.

Anyone out there into ladybirds? I've just started getting into them, and sad to see how long ago this thread died. I'm particularly wondering if there are any other ladybirders in the Bristol area, to give me hints on sites for species I'm struggling to find! (My patch year list is now a paltry 14 and my UK life list an even paltrier 15!

I've already found a couple of things on "the patch" I wasn't expecting, most notably Spotted Marsh Ladybird, and Eyed Ladybird, but I've so much to learn and no-one to learn it from!

Is there anybody out there? ...🙂

Anyone out there into ladybirds? I've just started getting into them, and sad to see how long ago this thread died. I'm particularly wondering if there are any other ladybirders in the Bristol area, to give me hints on sites for species I'm struggling to find! (My patch year list is now a paltry 14 and my UK life list an even paltrier 15!

I've already found a couple of things on "the patch" I wasn't expecting, most notably Spotted Marsh Ladybird, and Eyed Ladybird, but I've so much to learn and no-one to learn it from!

Is there anybody out there? ...🙂
It seems not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back