• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Companion CL 8x30 (1 Viewer)

wachipilotes

Hello ,
I am currently looking for a good binocular, small, handy and comfortable to use, with no blackout effect, and with good optical and mechanical quality as binocular for general observation, I already have a telescope ...... yes, there may be enough with these characteristics, I have seen that there is here some Swarovski CL Companion 8x30 and I would like, if possible, and does not care about your experience with this small binocular ... I do not know if you've been able to compare with some other of sufficient quality. ..
Thank you very much in advance.
wachi

Hola,

My wife has used these for a few years now and is very happy with them. She says that they are compact and lightweight without sacrificing optical quality. Obviously, this is a subjective comment and you can check the technical specifications elsewhere but she recommends them.

Buena suerte.

Dave W

Ditto for me. My wife is somewhat petite, and she loves her CL 8x30s because of their smaller size and light weight. She considers my new EL 8x32 SVs "clunky." When I gave her the 8x30s, she gave away her 8x42 bins because she knew she'd never carry them again. Fortunately, they stayed in the family. (My mother snagged them.)

I am a glasses wearer, and would not find the 15mm of eye relief sufficient. And because my field work is hard on binoculars, I would never be able to get by with the polycarbonate & aluminum bodies. (Most Swaros use a magnesium alloy that is much tougher, but much more expensive.) Bottom line, I couldn't risk having a working pair of bins fall apart while I'm at a remote field station. I depend on my bins too much to carry plastic.

On the positive side, they would be great as a companion binocular, the ones you keep in a briefcase just in case a bird pops up while you're crossing campus. My current compacts are Zeiss 10x25s, and I would have a hard time choosing between them and the 8x30 CLs.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back