• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod Binocular Adapter ? (1 Viewer)

Richard

I was using them today and with my bespectacled vision I found it very easy to get a sharp single visual image, which I presume means that everything is in alignment.

There's a thread further down this forum called "Amazing Swarovski discovery today" which goes into detail about this, and ways in which the boosters can be adjusted. I just screwed 'em in and they worked. I didn't even have to adjust the thingie on the bins that you use to compensate for differences between your eyes.

Unfortunately, to go back to the topic of this thread, I need to make a new mount. The point of balance of the bins moves back about 33mm with the boosters attached, so, to keep them stable on the tripod, I need to remake the mount to allow for this. Another rainy morning job.

Jeff

Jeff;

Can you screw in two boosters, like that, and maintain collimation?

If so, I am impressed.

Richard

There was a thread here a while back about that which Jeff notes above. Someone wrote that he was using 2 boosters on his SLC. I asked him the same question because I have a booster which I use on my 7x42SLC B. (When I use mine I hold my 7x42 vertically like a hand telescope using 2 hands. It becomes a 14x42 telescope with a 3mm EP and a 210' FOV at 1000 yards.)

Swarovski's instructions for it's use does not recommend using 2 boosters at the same time. There is a diagram on the instruction sheet showing an SLC with 2 boosters on it and a big x through it.

The booster has a "click" mechanism on it to keep you from over tightening it. As I recall, the writer said that collimation was taken care of by rotating this click mechanism to get it right. I did not purchase a 2nd one to see if it would work.

Bob

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetMaker View Post
I just got the Swarovski EL 12x50 and want to use on one of the many strap-down adapter models

Question: once strapped down how dose one adjust the Interpupillary distance after mounting when it goes flat in the strapped position ?

Thanks
I understand that you want to use a strap down adapter, but for what reason do you not want to use the original EL adapter (not the ELSV but the EL model)? It fits perfectly.

Jan

Unquote

I find the uta adapter tricky to setup, and cumbsersome for use with 50 0D bins.

Can any one provide me with the serial number of the adapter that does work with 50 OD swarovision bins, and tell me why the style was dropped - were they unreliable, for example?

Does it have a socket for standard tripod adapters or not - I am confused?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back