• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamron 90mm Macro + Olympus 1.7x Tele' (1 Viewer)

Shaggy2070

I have recently purchased a Tamron 90mm Macro lens and noticed the filter thread is 55mm, the same size as my old Olympus 1.7x Teleconvertor. Do you think the weight of the Teleconvertor would damage the Focus mechanism? or would it be safe to use on the odd occation?

Haven't really thought which occasions I could use it for, I'm just curious;).

i have used a c180 oly TC 1.7x on my new pana micro 4/3 45-200mm - it weighs bit less than 200g (1/2 lb) & i have had no trouble with it damaging the threads - i confidently don't even feel i have to hold it..how much does your 1.7x TC weigh?

I'm not sure of the weight of the 1.7x T/con and I'm confident it won't damaged the thread.
I'm more worried about the focusing mechanism inside the lens.

its probably easier to manual focus with the TC on - i have autofocused & not had probelms - i was worried it wouldn't find focus but most times it was on the money

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back