Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Does EMR harm living organisms?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Old Monday 3rd June 2019, 15:36   #1651
fugl
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Heron View Post
. . .You may indeed be cognitively impaired
Tut-tut.

But your’re serious, aren’t you?

Quote:
And have you checked your sperm count lately?
No I haven’t, must remember to do that sometime soon. What about you? How’s yours doing?
Old Monday 3rd June 2019, 15:59   #1652
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Talking

Quote:
@ fugl ..... And have you checked your sperm count lately? ......
Isn't that a bit below the belt ?!

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 3rd June 2019, 16:52   #1653
CalvinFold
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosun Juan View Post
Isn't that a bit below the belt ?!
This should not shock anyone at this point. She's already proven to be an unapologetic bully to people who can't see the world her exact way. Granted, more sophisticated in language and behavior than your typical internet bully, but still a bully.

BF Supporter 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 3rd June 2019, 17:10   #1654
fugl
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinFold View Post
This should not shock anyone at this point. She's already proven to be an unapologetic bully to people who can't see the world her exact way. Granted, more sophisticated in language and behavior than your typical internet bully, but still a bully.
A bit harsh I think. I see her as not so much a bully as a fanatic. Think how frustrating it must be for her to see a dangerous truth so clearly yet be laughed at as a crank whenever she points it out. And, of course, the louder and more prolonged the laughter, the more desperate and fanatical she becomes.
Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 04:55   #1655
Bird_Bill

I was going over other subjects at the NYTimes,
and ran across this, on EMR

I apologize if someone already cited the article.

BF Supporter 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 05:47   #1656
fugl
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Bill View Post

Yes, it’s already been cited way back in early May (post #1610) but no need to apologize since it’s well worth re-posting. Totally ignored by PH and her disciple, of course.
Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 08:36   #1657
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Exclamation

Quote:

If the book is neither open nor closed in America and the rest of the Western world, then surely the book is in the same state in Russia, China, and other countries too.

China is making a full time profession out of meddling. The bully boys are not fit to take a leading position in the world. I watched a very interesting documentary on Australian ABC TV last night called "China's Artful Dissident" https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.n...ticle/11173530
The stories around Tiananmen Square and Australian-Chinese artist Badiucao were both harrowing and fascinating. Some of the footage was best described as "raw" - the truth is not for the faint hearted ......

Chosun

Last edited by Chosun Juan : Wednesday 5th June 2019 at 09:39. Reason: typo

Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 09:43   #1658
Purple Heron

@ fugl As a woman, I don't have to worry about a sperm count. But if the research cited on this forum is correct, every man who goes around carrying a mobile, Wi-Fi enabled device on his body should be concerned. The WHO cites infertility as the third major health concern of this century following cancer and cardiovascular diseases (this despite their support of wireless technologies, which are known to cause or promote all three). And it is not a laughing matter for couples who want to have children and can't. Nor is it a laughing matter for a generation of children who are being exposed to wireless technologies/EMR from the moment of conception, since we have absolutely no idea what the effect on them will be--though all the independent research suggests it will do them great harm. Nor, indeed, for nature, since species that cannot breed go extinct.

You, as well as a good number of people reading this thread, do not want to believe that a technology that you enjoy and find convenient may be harming you, any more than your average smoker wants to believe that 20 cigarettes a day is harming him or her. It's human nature to think bad things only happen to other people. And you don't feel EMR the way you smell tobacco smoke--though your body is responding to it nevertheless, and you might be tireder, more stressed, more depressed, etc. when exposed to wireless technologies than you would be if you were not exposed. But how are you going to judge that when you are exposed all the time?

It' very hard to persuade people that a product they really like (and was deliberately made to be addictive) and which their governments are actively promoting is unsafe. I can only say that lots of products have received regulatory approval and been promoted or used extensively by governments (eg mass spraying with DDT, use of asbestos) have subsequently been proven to be most unsafe, and that a great many people (and a lot of wildlife) were harmed in the interval.

I hope you read the article I posted yesterday with reference to ICNIRP. The body that sets the safety standards for wireless is accountable to no one--is this a good idea? And do you know how they establish the SAR (safety standard) for wireless devices? They use a fluid-filled plastic head modeled on the head size and skull thickness of the average US marine and then look to see how much EMR will heat the fluid (since they only believe in thermal effects). Recent research suggests that all mobile phones exceed even the pitifully inadequate SAR when they are used as they are actually used--carried on the person, held to the head. And the Phonegate scandal has shown that many models exceed the SAR in the first place.

For you and for all young men who habitually carry mobile wireless devices on their person, testing your sperm count might be the only way to persuade you that you are indeed being harmed by wireless technologies--before something worse happens to you in later life. People my age didn't encounter wireless technologies much before their mid-thirties, when we were fully grown and fully developed, and it was some time after that when wireless devices became really common. So we aren't the ones most at risk.
Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 09:57   #1659
Purple Heron

@ Ed You might enjoy this:
https://www.globalresearch.ca/primer...lation/5679368
Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 10:10   #1660
Purple Heron

@ all

Colorectal Cancer Soaring in Young Adults; Are Smartphones in the Mix?

"Efforts to reduce colon and rectal cancers have been a striking success story for those over 50 years old. Incidence among older Americans declined 32% between 2000 and 2013, due largely to better screening. But the story for young adults is very different. Those born around 1990 now face four times the risk of developing rectal cancer and twice the risk of colon cancer in their 20s, compared to those born around 1950, according to the American Cancer Society....

Li offers an alternative hypothesis: Young people’s habit of carrying their cell phones in the front or back pockets of their jeans. “When placed in trouser pockets, the phones are in the vicinity of the rectum and the distal colon and these are the sites of the largest increases in cancer,” he says."

https://microwavenews.com/news-center/de-kun-li-crc
Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 15:21   #1661
MJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauksen View Post
Apparently, Balmori's meaningless White Stork study in Manville's opinion is one of these "major studies", as he devotes a full paragraph to it - mis-identifying the species as "Wood Storks".

As far as I'm concerned, Manville is no better than Balmori, and Balmori is just wasting my time.

Regards,

Henning
Hi,Henning,
White Storks and Wood Storks are both mostly white... that sets the bar at a level that surely excludes anyone citing Manville as an 'expert witness'... ... which was your point, expressed with admirable kindness...
MJB
Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 16:20   #1662
fugl
Forum Member

Quote:
@ fugl As a woman, I don't have to worry about a sperm count.
Huh, live and learn. . ..

Quote:
. . .If the research cited on this forum is correct. . ..
But that’s just it, no poster to the thread except you and one other believes it is correct. Surely, not everybody else here is the irresponsible flibbertigibbet you obviously consider me?

Last edited by fugl : Wednesday 5th June 2019 at 16:26.
Old Wednesday 5th June 2019, 22:35   #1663
elkcub
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:

Bill,

Basically, only subscribers can access NYT articles, — which inhibits discussion about them.

Ed

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 00:40   #1664
elkcub
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:
Diana,

My enjoyment can be likened to a dose of castor oil.

Ed

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 03:10   #1665
fugl
Forum Member

Quote:
Infantile leftism of a kind that does your cause no good at all. . ..

Last edited by fugl : Thursday 6th June 2019 at 03:12.
Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 04:27   #1666
fugl
Forum Member

Add in the dreadful effects of EMR and the future of humanity looks grim indeed. . ..

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/05/o...core-ios-share

On a lighter note, observe the author’s virtuoso use of pronouns: “him”, “her”, “their”, all each in its turn referring to the same anonymous “other”. What a clumsy solution to a non-problem! But, but, I digress, probably the result of my cognitive decline kicking in again. . .).
Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 06:55   #1667
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugl View Post
..... On a lighter note, observe the author’s virtuoso use of pronouns: “him”, “her”, “their”, all each in its turn referring to the same anonymous “other”. What a clumsy solution to a non-problem! But, but, I digress, probably the result of my cognitive decline kicking in again. . .).
An increasing pet peeve of mine too.

PC Madness gone mad !

Chosun

Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 07:07   #1668
poledark

This topic is getting to be one of the most amusing ones. I especially like the references to brain damage due to phones at ear level and then the same to low sperm count due to phones in pockets near the penis. My wife says she is not in the least surprised as that is where most men keep their brains.

Den
Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 09:10   #1669
etudiant
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:
@ all

"Efforts to reduce colon and rectal cancers have been a striking success story for those over 50 years old. Incidence among older Americans declined 32% between 2000 and 2013, due largely to better screening. But the story for young adults is very different. Those born around 1990 now face four times the risk of developing rectal cancer and twice the risk of colon cancer in their 20s, compared to those born around 1950, according to the American Cancer Society....

Li offers an alternative hypothesis: Young people’s habit of carrying their cell phones in the front or back pockets of their jeans. “When placed in trouser pockets, the phones are in the vicinity of the rectum and the distal colon and these are the sites of the largest increases in cancer,” he says."

Alternatively there may be a significant difference in diet between those now over 50 and the post 1990 cohort.

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 18:03   #1670
fugl
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poledark View Post
This topic is getting to be one of the most amusing ones. I especially like the references to brain damage due to phones at ear level and then the same to low sperm count due to phones in pockets near the penis. My wife says she is not in the least surprised as that is where most men keep their brains.
Doubtless for the best. What kind of father would the average brain-damaged man make anyway?

Last edited by fugl : Friday 7th June 2019 at 02:59.
Old Thursday 6th June 2019, 20:16   #1671
elkcub
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:
@ all

Diana,

Relative "risk" assessment using a percentage change metric can be very misleading if not presented in the context of absolute risk. This article explains the problem fairly well. Similar exaggerations happen in other areas, particularly when the press is involved. In this case, I wouldn't make too much out of Li's article. As you pointed out, it's largely speculation.

Ed

Last edited by elkcub : Friday 7th June 2019 at 01:50.

Old Friday 7th June 2019, 14:01   #1672
Bird_Bill

No matter how any of us connect to the internet, all of us are invariably supporting cellular technology.

Personally, I believe that the use of cellular phones, including 5G technology are safe, when used as designed.

Suppose I'm wrong.
Who's at fault?
The person trying to save my life by frying me with non ionizing radiation?
The vendors and advertisers?....who rely so much on the internet?
ISP's?
Should I ask for an answer here?
Should I even ask who's liable, when we're all guilty?

BF Supporter 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 7th June 2019, 19:23   #1673
Mono
Hi!
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:
Should I even ask who's liable
It is the Military Industrial Complex in cahoots with the Mainstream Media.

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 10th June 2019, 09:34   #1674
Purple Heron

Ed, I see your point about risk assessment. And as Etudiant points out, there may be significant differences in diet with younger people as ingredients such as palm oil (hydrogenated and not) as well as glucose-fructose were not used regularly if at all in commercial foodstuffs until fairly recently--and neither of them is good. So undoubtedly these would have an effect as well.

However, a friend recently attended a primary school parent meeting here in Greece--parents trying to get rid of a nearby cell tower--and he tells me that fully 30% of the children have problems including ADHD, learning and concentration difficulties, diabetes, thyroid problems, asthma etc. This is not normal. Parents protesting the cell tower also had Wi-Fi at home, by the way, so they were failing to make basic connections--the Panorama program measured the school Wi-Fi router as giving off even more radiation than a cell tower.

In any case, there is no question than millennials are not as healthy even as the generation before them. Millennials -- the first generation to grow up using cell phones -- are experiencing an unprecedented decline in their health when they reach their late 20s.

On April 24, 2019, the American health insurance association Blue Cross Blue Shield released a report titled “The Health of Millennials.” It showed not only that the health of this generation takes a sharp decline beginning at age 27, but also that the prevalence of many medical conditions rose precipitously among millennials in just three years.

The prevalence of eight of the top ten conditions among all millennials showed a double-digit increase in 2017 as compared with 2014. Major depression increased 31%. Hyperactivity increase 29%. Type II diabetes increased 22%. Hypertension increased 16%. Psychoses increased 15%. High cholesterol increased 12%. Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis increased 10%. Substance use disorder increased 10%.

The decline in millennials’ health from 2014 to 2017 was not due to their being three years older. The report also compared the health of millennials who were 34-36 years old in 2017 to the health of Gen Xers who were 34-36 years old in 2014. At the same age, 34- to 36-year-olds in 2017 had 37% more hyperactivity, 19% more diabetes, 18% more major depression, 15% more Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, 12% more substance use disorder, 10% more hypertension, and 7% more high cholesterol than 34- to 36-year-olds had in 2014.

When the researchers looked at all health conditions, they found that 34- to 36-year-olds in 2017 had a 21% increase in cardiovascular conditions, a 15% increase in endocrine conditions, and an 8% increase in other physical conditions compared to 34- to 36-year-olds in 2014.

The Blue Cross Blue Shield report is here: https://www.bcbs.com/the-health-of-a...of-millennials.
Certainly one explanation for the alarming decline in health of the millennial generation is the life-long irradiation of their brains and bodies from their cell phones. And now the situation is much worse for children than it was when the millennials were kids--Wi-Fi in schools and at home (and everywhere else), many more cell towers and sources of EMR, smartphones...but we keep pushing it because it's allegedly "safe". I think this generation of children is going to grow up very sick indeed--and possibly sterile to boot.

Meanwhile on the subject of whether the authorities who say wireless technologies are safe are to be trusted, here is a document on corruption in the WHO by someone who used to work there. Go to https://www.emfoff.com/cover-up/ to watch the video or download the document.
Old Monday 10th June 2019, 09:47   #1675
Purple Heron

@ all A long paper from NASA about the effects of wireless radiation, from 1982. Note the second paragraph on page 1 (page 12 of the document):
"The second restriction requires a clear distinction between ionizing radiation and NIR (non-ionizing radiation) and actually there is none."

Think about this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 19810017132.pdf (2.72 MB, 7 views)
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: