Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Absolute best time for spring birding?

Old Thursday 7th December 2006, 02:31   #1
Sir William
I'd rather be birding

Absolute best time for spring birding?

I'm in NJ and really starting to get into birding. Trying to plan some spring excursions as I haven't really had the chance to do any intense birding during that season yet. When is really the best time to do some heavy birding? I know different species migrate at different times, so I'm just looking for a broad range (i.e. mid-March to mid-May).

Thanks!
Old Thursday 7th December 2006, 03:31   #2
AmpelisChinito
Cedar Waxwing Chairman

I would say your best time is about mid-May. That's always yielded the best results for me up in MA. I think that's at least best for passerines.
Ohio Wesleyan University 2011, for zoology with an emphasis on ornithology under Dr. Jed Burtt, the president-elect of the American Ornithologists Union.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: