• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ibera in September (1 Viewer)

bobf

Looking for any advice. I'm including Iguacu on my Brazil itinerary, and could afford a week in Argentina in mid-September. Ibera marsh looks tempting, with a couple stopovers in between drom the Birding Missiones site. Targets would be Strange-tailed Tyrant, B&W Monjita, Saffron-cowled and Scarlet Headed BB, and a few others. I know most bird tours do this later in the year. I suspect I'm too early for seedeaters, but anything else I'm likely to miss this early?

Thanks,

Bob

Hello Bob,

I never visit Ibera.

But alternativ is also Mbururuya.
The nationalpark and the area north east of this area is very intersting for bird watching.

Iguazu is absolut spectacular for waterfall view.
For birding I would prefer provincial park Uruguai nearby.

Very good should also Yaboti, but i have never been there.

Best regards
Dieter

Looking for any advice. I'm including Iguacu on my Brazil itinerary, and could afford a week in Argentina in mid-September. Ibera marsh looks tempting, with a couple stopovers in between drom the Birding Missiones site. Targets would be Strange-tailed Tyrant, B&W Monjita, Saffron-cowled and Scarlet Headed BB, and a few others. I know most bird tours do this later in the year. I suspect I'm too early for seedeaters, but anything else I'm likely to miss this early?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob.
Ibera is great anytime of the year. Besides, migrant birds have already arrive here so I think you won´t miss anything.

You can buy tickets for Ibera in Puerto Iguazú (Argentina).
I live in front of Urugua-í Provincial Park and , of course, I agree with Dieter about the birding.
If you need any help just let me know.
Good luck in your trip and good birding.

Julián.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back