• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Interviews with Retailers: Doug of Camera Land (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the interview Doug, and the write up Lee.

Reputations are built slowly and hard won over the years. Although I've never followed through with any purchases there (for one reason or another - not to do with the Store or Business), I've always received great, prompt, courteous, accurate and informative service from there, and as such, haven't hesitated to recommend Doug and CLNY to others on many occasions. :t:

Chosun :gh:

CJ
Thanks for your kind words, and your comments about CL NY are similar to the many that convinced me I should target Doug to take part.

Lee

Hello,

I purchased a Meopro 6.5x32, a Leica 7x42BA and two Zeiss FL, the 8x32 and the unloved 10x32, both demos. That Austrian brand's 8x30 seems to be doing well. My guess is that old habits are hard to overcome. The best 8x32 binoculars do very well with brightness with the introduction of improved coatings and dielectric mirrors.

As for 10x power predominance, CLNY sells to a lot of hunters who may favour 10x over 8x more than bird watchers do.

Thanks for the interview,
Arthur :pinewood:

Hello,

I purchased a Meopro 6.5x32, a Leica 7x42BA and two Zeiss FL, the 8x32 and the unloved 10x32, both demos. That Austrian brand's 8x30 seems to be doing well. My guess is that old habits are hard to overcome. The best 8x32 binoculars do very well with brightness with the introduction of improved coatings and dielectric mirrors.

As for 10x power predominance, CLNY sells to a lot of hunters who may favour 10x over 8x more than bird watchers do.

Thanks for the interview,
Arthur :pinewood:

You are welcome Arthur.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back