• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What do you do about viruses? (1 Viewer)

Pinewood

New York correspondent
United States
Hello all,

After many years, I decided to change my ISP. I had been using a very minor provider for internet but I did not use their 'phone service as landline 'phones are far more reliable. Indeed, at one time, with a different provider, both cable television and internet died on a weekend, when no one was minding the call center. So I still had 'phone service. After that incident, I moved my ISP but kept a separate landline. I also dropped my cable telly service after broadcast television went digital. I rely solely on broadcast television, using an antenna.

The landline company, Verizon, required that I switch to fibre optic digital. after many months of fibre optics for 'phone service, they finally, made me an offer I could not refuse: telephone and high speed internet at a competitive price.

In two weeks, I have faced many difficulties, including a complete cutoff of both services, when I returned their router. In the last conversation, there was an importunate question, as they sought to sell more service, "What do you do for viruses?" My reply was, "I wash my hands, dress warmly and drink plenty of fluids."

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back