• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 300-800mm (1 Viewer)

Chalky W

Does anyone know of a backpack that will take this lens (preferrably with body attached) that is available in the UK?

The better ones I've found on the net are all in the US, the best so far being this one

http://www.vertexphoto.com/BigLensBag.aspx

Has anyone bought this per chance?

There will be limited interest in this thread i'm sure but any help or personal feedback/experiance is gratefully recieved.

thanks

Chalky

I use this lens but I dont have a back pack. I purchased a small trolly equiped with elasticvated slings to secure the lens in its Sigma case to the trolly. I find this works well for taking the lens places where pulling the trolly are feasible. Obviously up hill and over dale this soleution wont work but along reasonably rough tracks it works for me.

Probably not the solution your looking for but thought i'd share it.

Andrew

Chalky,

What about the new Andy Rouse rucksack - that can fit a 600 + body + hood?.

Dont know if it will fit 300-800 though - sorry

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back