• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NEW Antioquia Wren (sp. nov.) from Colombia.. New for OPUS and new for gallery (1 Viewer)

absolutely Niels.. just wanted to post about the species NEW FOR OPUS here for the Opus BF managers to update it.... I am in the other thread as well!

It will get its Opus page. I usually add new species from South America when the SACC accepts them (as IOC and Clements will follow automatically).

André

To some extent I can understand Opus's consensus-based approach to the recognition of taxa (deferring to Clements, IOC and H&M). But it seems extremely unfortunate that this should result in Opus politely declining to use highly-topical images of a newly-described taxon (offered by one of the authors), pending the usual grindingly-slow consideration by checklist committees.

Last edited:
It's added now to the Opus (after the Clements update), so we have an article and we use the pictures...

André

To some extent I can understand Opus's consensus-based approach to the recognition of taxa (deferring to Clements, IOC and H&M). But it seems extremely unfortunate that this should result in Opus politely declining to use highly-topical images of a newly-described taxon (offered by one of the authors), pending the usual grindingly-slow consideration by checklist committees.

Richard,
in several cases we have added such photos to the (likely) genus page when it concerns species where the paper is only in preparation (whatever that means in the specific instance).

Niels

Apologies, I misunderstood Opus's position. I agree that posting such newsworthy images on the appropriate genus page (pending wider acceptance of the new taxon) seems to be a sensible approach.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back