• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Back view of goshawk? sparrowhawk? kestrel? (1 Viewer)

louisberk

Apologies for the poor capture, I could not get in front of the bird of see it clearly. I often see Kestrel in the wooded area of Hampstead Heath in London but I am fairly sure this is not one.

I'd like to identify it before I head back to try and observe it again. The distinctive yellow eye makes me sure it is not a kestrel.

Any help would be appreciated.

_1216990.jpg

Thanks, so much. I now have to go back and see if I can spot it again but with a better view. It was a real beaty when i swooped in but as you can see hid itself very well before pressing on.

LouisB

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back