• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monitor viewer (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I just got my "X-tend-a-view" from Photosolve just this past week and
seems to be a pretty good accessory! I got the "mini" for the cp4500.

I'm not familiar with the one from the website you mentioned... do you
mean this particular hood or the "x-tend-a-view" hood ??

There's a couple of various ones on the market... I went with this one in
particular because it can also attach to the "wing 4500" bracket they make,
in conjunction with their shutter release bracket.... this way you can
"attach" the lcd hood without velcro, rubber bands, etc... it just "plugs"
onto their bracket and can easily swing out of the way or easily removed.

I used the hood this past week and with the 2x viewer, you can use the
camera and "shoot thru the lens" - makes for easier composition of shots
while viewing shutter speeds etc.. I was hand holding the camera, and
just left the tripod & shutter release bracket on.... it wasn't in the way and
really didn't bother me at atll.

I've used it for about a year KC and like it a lot. I use "professional" velcro -- yeah there is such a thing, available at Lowes -- and it holds the device tightly against the monitor. I also use the lanyard, which I lengthened a few inches, and clip it to the SDA-100's straight arm when not using it.

Joe A. said:
I've used it for about a year KC and like it a lot. I use "professional" velcro -- yeah there is such a thing, available at Lowes -- and it holds the device tightly against the monitor. I also use the lanyard, which I lengthened a few inches, and clip it to the SDA-100's straight arm when not using it.
Joe, Im thinking about buying one of these. The pro velcro from Lowes as in bldg supply store?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back