• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

printscreen not working (1 Viewer)

Surreybirder

Ken Noble
I run Windows 10 and I was taking screenshots (of the Panama bird cam) with no prob. Now, suddenly, it isn't working and all I get is a black picture. I've looked on line and there are various suggestions about using [ALT] + [Print Screen] but no combination of keys seems to make it work.
Any suggestions?

Have you considered the snipping tool as an alternative way of getting what is on the screen?

And secondly, try a different browser to see if there is something weird in the way they code their interpretation of the signal?

Niels

Thanks Niels.
I tried various things and found that the Windows Button plus PrintScreen worked when I tried to take a picture of my desktop. But it didn't work in Firefox.
I have an app from my bank called Rapport - which is supposed to make my online banking secure. It's possible that the app is interfering with Printscreen but I don't know why it would suddenly do that.
I don't seem to be able to get the Snipping Tool to work either.

Hi Ken

I've never been able to work out how to do Print Screen.... but just tried your suggestion of Windows + PrtSc and pasted it into Paint (the photo editor programme I use) and it worked.

My browser is PaleMoon, I also have the old-type version of Firefox and it worked on that too.

It could well be one of your other settings... try disabling Rapport temporarily while you try. If not, it'll be a case of running through all the security thingies you have to see which one is blocking the feature.

I run Windows 10 and I was taking screenshots (of the Panama bird cam) with no prob. Now, suddenly, it isn't working and all I get is a black picture. I've looked on line and there are various suggestions about using [ALT] + [Print Screen] but no combination of keys seems to make it work.
Any suggestions?

So ctrl & print screen doesn't work? It does on my windows 10 at the office.

You shouldn't have to press anything in addition to the Print Screen key itself.

If it's working on your desktop but not in Firefox then it's likely something to do with Firefox. Perhaps see if it is due for an update.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back