• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HI!...Help D5100 (1 Viewer)

3x100cart

I have just got my d5100 18-55 55-300 kit one week ago.
My dad was a part time photographer(friends weddings ect.) but he died when i was 15 so I learned some not alot.
I really want to be able to get good long range shoots of wild life. Being able to get an eagle across the lake fishing or nesting is my goal.
I do not know if getting a fieldscope, larger telephoto or converter is best.
I do not have alot of money well basically none now spent it on anniversary trip and camera to take up with me;).

From what I read the EDG Fieldscope 85 VR/85-A VR, is best $6000 with mount way out of budget
and a PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope 82/82-A/60/60-A, would workish $600 + mount
could do in a few months
any other ideas, options, warnings

here is some pics i took morning after I got camera handheld from car knew the birds would be there first shot is at 55mm only re-sized for forum not cropped for dist ref. second is at 300mm cropped down to about 15% of original and re-sized for forum

I want alot more distance would like to get there before 5-24-12 any ideas that will break the bank

oh yes the d5100 is Nikon a dslr with no anti-vib or focus motor built into body
I am comfortable with manual focus

thx a ton

Attachments

• DSC_0191-001.jpg
    DSC_0191-001.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0117-001.JPG
    DSC_0117-001.JPG
    390 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back