• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ontario Canada - Point Pelee Owl Prowl (1 Viewer)

sarniabirding

Ontario Canada - Point Pelee Owl Prowl

February 4 & 5, 2011 (Friday & Saturday), 6:30 – 8:30 pm, Visitor Centre
Owls start setting up territories in late winter. Learn about the owls found at Point Pelee and then venture outside to assist with an owl survey. Pre-registration is suggested. Please dress for the weather.

If you are interested please let me know. I am trying to gather up a few of us to attend together. There is a pleasant hotel very close by to complete the day with dip in the swimming pool to take some down time.

I love Point Pelee. FWIW, the point is nice and long this winter, or at least was a couple months ago. This was taken Dec 29, 2010. This is us out as far as we were OK to go with kids. If there were no kids I would have gone even farther. That's my family and flat Stanley.

After the point we went to the boardwalk. I got some poor photos of what looked like a very large hawk.

Attachments

• Xmas to New Year 2010 12 29 13 41 14a.jpg
    Xmas to New Year 2010 12 29 13 41 14a.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 100
  • Xmas to New Year 2010 12 29 14 30 43a.jpg
    Xmas to New Year 2010 12 29 14 30 43a.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back