• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spare battery? (1 Viewer)

shezza

Hello all, I am looking for a spare battery for my Panasonic HDC-SD900
my manual lists a VW-VBN260 but on looking at listings there is also a
VW-VBN260E-K does anyone know what the difference is.

My guess is none.
The E-K suffix on other devices can mean that the device is EC certified and it is coloured black. Most battery suppliers list the compatible cameras for their batteries.
Panasonic themselves merely list VW-VBN260 as suitable, whereas Amazon states: Panasonic VW-VBN260E-K rechargeable battery for a selection of Panasonic high definition (HD) camcorders. Genuine battery providing extra longlife power, approximately 3hrs per charge. Specification: 7.2V, 2500mAh. Compatible with the following models: Panasonic HDC SD800, SD900, HS900 and TM900

The critical thing is not to confuse with similar capacity Panasonic batteries such as the VW-VBG260 as Panasonic frequently make them incompatible.

N.B. I have various genuine Panasonic video batteries none of which have the E-K suffix marked on the battery but were actually ordered with the suffix.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back