• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Morocco early October (1 Viewer)

Excellent Scrub Warbler site at Oued Bouhkila, 10 kilometres South of Guelmine. Park on the left just past the bridge and walk down the incline on this side ( left ). Continue walking through the low green scrub for about 150-200 metres, searching the scrub as you go. I had 2-3 Saharae Scrub Warbler here on the afternoon of March 25th.

I have tried the Oued Sayed site a couple of times but have never found Scrub Warbler there. This is the first obvious patch of scrub past the bridge about 2 Km South of Guelmine. It has been good for Southern Grey Shrike, Woodchat Shrike and Bluethroat though.

Last edited:
Hi, I am planning a trip to Morocco to watch birds in early October, from Marrakesh to Mhamid, through Ouarzazate and Agdz. I will appreciate information on where to see interesting species as Scrub Warbler, Desert Warbler and Fulvous Babbler.
Thanks a lot.
Paco Chiclana
http://elblogdepacochiclana.blogspot.com

We stayed in Ourzazate a few years ago.
The 2 best places for birds are
1] The river valley on the edge of the town which is easily accessed from the eastern end of the town just before the large Kasbah.Just before you go over the road bridge on the way out of town, you can get to the large open area.
2] The resevoir about 2km east of the town.Again easy access from the main road.There is a minor road leading to the water's edge off the main road.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back