• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Israel 10th-17th November 2012 (1 Viewer)

mäkpe

Hi!

We did a seven day trip to Northern Israel with a party of four Finnish birders. The main places visited were Hula, Mt.Hermon, Golan Heights, Beat Shean and Ma'agan Micha'el.
We managed to find 179 species. Probably the most interesting ones were Oriental Skylark, Daurian Shrike and for those interested about Israeli-ticks a Bittern, Woodcock, Black Vulture and Greater White-fronted Goose :)

I found time to translate my blog post from our first day and try to do the rest during this weekend.

http://himopointsaaja.blogspot.fi/2012/11/hulahula.html

Cheers

Petteri Mäkelä

PS. There's much more pics in posts to come as i posted these first ones with slow connection...

Last edited:
Very cheerful, with all that shooting in the background :)
I'd love to see the wolves someday, still haven't managed that.

Btw, those aren't beavers, but Coypu or Nutria, an introduced pest.

Thanks, Nutria indeed. I couldn't remember the name, but i knew they were something different than in northern Europe. The tail is very different.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back