• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x32 for $200 ? (1 Viewer)

Hopefully that works out for you.

Thanks.

Now I need a 10x for myself. Maybe the Maven if I can uncrimp my wallet. ($550) I've heard good things. They have a demo program so I can actually try them out before buying. I like that idea. Living in this small town has its disadvantages as you don't get to look at much before buying.

Hopefully that works out for you.

Thanks.

Now I need a 10x for myself. Maybe the Maven if I can uncrimp my wallet. ($550) I've heard good things. They have a demo program so I can actually try them out before buying. I like that idea. If I kept the demo's I could get 10% off. Living in this small town has its disadvantages as you don't get to look at much before buying.

Well I really would like to give a 32mm. I have the bushnell Legend 10 x 25 and at $160 I don't think you could ask for anything better.

I did run across this and it goes a bit over two bills but I might consider it. I just don't know much about it yet and I'm looking for reviews.
Leupold Bx-2 Tioga HD Roof Binoculars, Grey, 10 x 32mm

This does not have to be an exceptional bino by any means but I don't want to send him a dog with an obvious flaw that I could avoid in another choice. I want him to like them. Later he can by the ones he "Loves". I love giving optics as gifts.

Those Bushnell Legend 10x25's are optically very good. As long as you have enough light, they are 90% of all a person needs.

Best 10x32's I've ever owned were a pair of Leupold Mojaves. They were super compact and light and had decent optics in the middle of the image, but fell off pretty quickly.

I have to agree as I just got the Celestron's today and took them out for a quick peek before gifting them. I took along the Legend's and basically came to the same conclusion. It was a cloudy dark day today. The Celestron's were noticeably brighter. The Celestron's were decent in the middle but fell off fairly quickly compared to the Legend's which always look great to the edges for me. I'd love that Legend in a 32mm. Anyway the Celestron's get a pass and I can send them off knowing they will please the person who gets them.

I spent most of a day out with the Celestron's today. A nice sunny day up in the mountains. I'm pretty impressed by these bins for under $200. That review I linked to these is pretty spot on IMO. A nice sweet spot and they don't fall off as quickly as I thought in my little peak off the deck last evening. They are very bright to my eye with a very natural color and are very easy to look through compared to the Legends. I'd be more than happy owning them if that was all I could afford.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back