• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic SD90 SD card?? (1 Viewer)

Carlosoul

Hi all,

Just got this new SD90 camcorder and I already have a 16gb SDHC Class 4 card but playback was jerky on 1080/50p.

Is it the card as it is only a Class 4 and if so whats the best type of SD card I could get for working with this camcorder on 1080/50p.

Many thanks

I shoot in 1080/50p with my SD90 and use Sandisk SDHC 8GB cards. One is a Class 2, the other a Class 4. Both cards work perfectly well, the only difference I find is that the Class 2 card takes longer to transfer the clips onto my computer.

Playback on both camcorder monitor or my computer is smooth with no jerkiness. Perhaps your computer does not have enough processing power or the graphics card is not suitable to run full HD video. My computer has 4GB RAM and a 2.9 GHz processor and copes adequately with HD playback.

Mike

You mention issues with playback, is this on the camcorder or on you pc?

Its both, it seems to chug along the playback on the camcorder and then on pc. I thought that it might be the SDHC card, I was using a Kingston 16gb Class 4. I just bought a Lexar x133 class 10 to see if that helps out, hope so. My PC is only 2.80ghz but should be ok to edit with Sony Vegas 11 and then upload to YouTube etc.

Thanks for help

I shoot in 1080/50p with my SD90 and use Sandisk SDHC 8GB cards. One is a Class 2, the other a Class 4. Both cards work perfectly well, the only difference I find is that the Class 2 card takes longer to transfer the clips onto my computer.

Playback on both camcorder monitor or my computer is smooth with no jerkiness. Perhaps your computer does not have enough processing power or the graphics card is not suitable to run full HD video. My computer has 4GB RAM and a 2.9 GHz processor and copes adequately with HD playback.

Mike

Just read this, then I am confused, I will try it again, I had the stabilising option on and all the preset options from when the camera was straight out of the box.
Mike did you have to change any other settings at all on the camera.
Wonder if my SDHC card is going faulty or something.
I also have 4gb ram and a 2.8ghz processor.

Strange

Your computer should be up to the job. Perhaps your Kingston card is faulty, have you tried the Lexar yet? I have not altered any settings on the camcorder except activating the 40x i.Zoom. When using a tripod remember to switch off the IS.

Good luck!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back