• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski EL 10x50 35010 vs Swarovski EL 10x50 SV (1 Viewer)

PlanetMaker

Swarovski EL 10x50 35010 vs Swarovski EL 10x50 SwaroVision Binocular

Can someone tell me what was updated in the newer EL's over the older SV model?
Is the older SV model still a great buy or has the improvements surpassed it's older technology
Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 60
  • el.jpg
    el.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 37
I was at a vendor appreciation day at the local LGS/indoor range this weekend. There were two Swaro company reps there. They confirmed to me that there is no optical difference between the new Field Pro version and the old SV version. That's NOT a bad thing.

I was at a vendor appreciation day at the local LGS/indoor range this weekend. There were two Swaro company reps there. They confirmed to me that there is no optical difference between the new Field Pro version and the old SV version. That's NOT a bad thing.

That's wonderful news, is there a stat sheet that shows the history of model update changes thru the years?
Thanks you
Dan

Is the older SV model still a great buy or has the improvements surpassed it's older technology
Thanks
Dan
I'm guessing the second bin is a 10X42, not a 10X50 SV FP.

Thanks
Dan

Dan,

Other than Swarovski Optiks on-going R&D minuscule coating improvements, optical differences should be minimal and difficult, if not impossible, to see.

In the newest 3rd generation Field Pro model (#35210), some functions, cosmetics and ergonomics were addressed. The focuser now has a black, more tactical rubber feel to it, along with a locked-in diopter setting. It also appears that (even though Swaro doesn't claim), the focuser is smoother, with no stickion or unevenness. The objective covers are permanently attached for ease and reliability of operation. The instruments rubber armor also has a more tactical feel, making single hand holding actions easier in more variable weather environments. The new 360deg locked in carrying strap attachment system is unique, supposedly offering versatility and convenience in length adjustments and reducing tangling straps.

Some love the "innovative operating improvements", others prefer the previous tried and true. I have two 2nd generation ELSVs (8x32 & 10X50) and have no need to -upgrade- to the FP (at this time). IMO, if you can find a great deal on the previous models, their optical prowess and superb performance certainly would make them Great Buys!! :t:

Ted

Last edited:
Dan,

Other than Swarovski Optiks on-going R&D minuscule coating improvements, optical differences should be minimal and difficult, if not impossible, to see.

In the newest 3rd generation Field Pro model (#35210), some functions, cosmetics and ergonomics were addressed. The focuser now has a black, more tactical rubber feel to it, along with a locked-in diopter setting. The objective covers are permanently attached for ease and reliability of operation. The instruments rubber armor also has a more tactical feel, making single hand holding actions easier in more variable weather environments. The new 360deg locked in carrying strap attachment system is unique, supposedly offering versatility and convenience in length adjustments and reducing tangling straps.

Some love the "innovative operating improvements", others prefer the previous tried and true. I have two 2nd generation ELSVs (8x32 & 10X50) and have no need to -upgrade- to the FP (at this time). IMO, if you can find a great deal on the previous models, their optical prowess and superb performance would make them Great Buys!! :t:

Ted

Thank you for the informative info of the 10x50
How do you mount yours to a tripod if at all?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back