• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PNG - June/July 2019 (One space available) (1 Viewer)

Matt Eade

Those regular to this forum may have seen a similar post back in April/May. Despite having a full crew (6 people), this week one person has decided to drop out due to personal reasons and therefore one space is available.

This is a 24 day (excluding travel to and from) birding trip to PNG taking in the following sites - Tabubil, Varirata, Kiunga and Kwatu, Kumul Lodge, Rondon Ridge, Tari (both Ambua & Makara) and the Huon Peninsular. We are at a stage where the trip is fully confirmed and all accommodation is booked. Internal flights are yet to be booked. Mercifully, we will be using the excellent Sicklebill Safaris, world renound for their expertise in this country. We will only be using local guides, but so I've heard these local guides are up to date on display sites etc.

Dates are 24th June 2019 to 17th July 2019

The PNG part including all in country flights will cost approximately AUD$11,145. Compare this trip to tour companies, and you will obviously be saving a bundle.

If anyone is interested I can send over an itinerary, so please either PM on here or send me an email at [email protected]

Due to the late drop out, I will need a full commitment preferably by the end of October.

All the best, Matt Eade

Hi Matt,
Can you send itinerary and possible bird list to [email protected].
If there is a trip report for previous tours with the company I would appreciate the URLs
Can you also let me know how strenuous the tour will be.
I am not the fittest of 73 year old birders and on beta blockers which don't allow fast heavy exercise.
Tx Colin

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back