• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scope necessary in Corsica? (1 Viewer)

tim.birdboy

Hi,

I will be spending two weeks in Corsica in May. I'm debating whether or not to take my scope with me. In some ways I want to leave it at home because I want to travel as lightly as possible, but I don't want to end up wishing I had it the whole time. Birding spots I will be visiting are Étang de Biguglia, Restonica Valley, Col de Sorba, and Bonifacio. Is a scope necessary for seawatching and spots like Étang de Biguglia, or can I get by with binoculars?

Thanks!

You should always take a scope on foreign trips! On Corsica certainly recommended for sea-watching near Bonifacio for Shearwaters.

cheers, alan

Yes - and just think of the better views of all those nice new species! No pain - no gain - anyway if its packed and carried well its not too much of a hassle - much less than that frustrating Corsican Nuthatch that's just a splodge in the bins.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back