• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Binoculars (under $200) (1 Viewer)

RogerG

Hello All!

Relatively new to the forum, so I am grateful that you are taking the time to check this question out!

Overall, I want to get into bird watching, but the crazy amount of binoculars out there is making it very hard to pick a pair! I have roughly $200 cut out to pick a pair and have been looking through this guide on binoculars, but I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations?

Thank you!

Go to Rogers Sporting Goods on Ebay and get the Bushnell Legend M 8X42 for $175.00, it is the best option for that $$ amount. You will not be disappointed.

Andy W.

Hello All!

Relatively new to the forum, so I am grateful that you are taking the time to check this question out!

Overall, I want to get into bird watching, but the crazy amount of binoculars out there is making it very hard to pick a pair! I have roughly $200 cut out to pick a pair and have been looking through this guide on binoculars, but I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations?

Thank you!

Old thread but recent development: If someone wants a birding bin for under $200, the Celestron Granite 7x33 is currently on sale (cheapest on Celestron website @ $170). I could go on but short version is the 7x33 delivers 80 to 90% optical performance and handling compared to Leica UVHD+7x42 and it has 477 FOV.

Included accessories are great at the price point, especially the harness. This is a real undiscovered gem.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back